Saturday, February 21, 2026
Home Blog Page 11

Maurice Sam Survives Alleged Assassination Attempt, Vows to Leave Nigeria

Nigerian actor and filmmaker Maurice Sam has reportedly survived an alleged assassination attempt after his vehicle was said to have been riddled with more than 20 bullets in a shocking late-night attack.

Car Reportedly Sprayed With Over 20 Bullets

According to reports circulating on social media, the unidentified attackers allegedly opened fire on the actor’s car, leaving it severely damaged. Photos and unverified clips making rounds online show a vehicle marked with multiple bullet holes, fueling widespread concern among fans and industry colleagues.

While details surrounding the motive and suspects remain unclear, sources close to the situation claim the popular Nollywood star miraculously escaped without injury.

Maurice Sam Reportedly Safe

Despite the terrifying ordeal, Maurice Sam is reported to be safe. The actor, known for his strong presence in Nigeria’s thriving film industry, has yet to issue a detailed public statement. However, insiders suggest he is deeply shaken by the incident.

Vows to Leave Nigeria After Frightening Ordeal

In the wake of the alleged attack, reports indicate that Maurice Sam has vowed to leave Nigeria permanently, stating he has no intention of returning following what he described as a life-threatening experience.

img 5154
Maurice Sam reportedly survives alleged assassination attempt after car was riddled with bullets.

The development has sparked heated reactions across social media, with many fans expressing relief over his safety while others are calling for a thorough investigation by security authorities.

Public Reactions Pour In

Supporters across Nigeria and beyond have taken to various platforms to send prayers and words of encouragement. Many have also raised concerns about the safety of public figures and entertainers within the country.

As investigations are expected to unfold, the Nollywood community and fans worldwide will be watching closely for official confirmation and further updates on the incident.

GhanaMedia.net will continue to monitor the situation and provide verified updates as more information becomes available.

“Don’t Be Scared of Us, Approach Us – We Need Love” – Sista Afia Tells Ghanaian Men

Ghanaian songstress Sista Afia has sparked conversations online after boldly telling Ghanaian men not to be intimidated by confident women. According to the “Jeje” hitmaker, many men admire from afar but fail to make a move because they assume successful women are unapproachable.

Sista Afia says confident women also need love, urges Ghanaian men to approach boldly.

Sista Afia’s Message to Ghanaian Men

The outspoken musician, born Francisca Gawugah, made it clear that confidence should not be mistaken for pride. She emphasized that women, regardless of their fame or status, still desire genuine love and companionship. “Don’t be scared of us, approach us. We need love,” she reportedly stated, a comment that has since generated mixed reactions across social media platforms including X and Instagram.

Her statement comes at a time when conversations about modern dating dynamics in Ghana continue to trend, especially around successful women and male intimidation.

Breaking the ‘Intimidation’ Narrative

Over the years, several female public figures in Ghana have hinted that men often shy away from them because of their celebrity status. Sista Afia’s remarks add to the broader discussion about confidence, financial independence, and societal expectations in relationships.

Industry colleagues such as Efya and Delay have previously spoken about similar experiences, fueling debates about gender roles in modern Ghanaian society.

Social Media Reactions

While some fans applauded her honesty, others argued that modern dating challenges go beyond intimidation. Some male users responded that economic pressure and societal expectations often discourage men from approaching high-profile women.

Regardless of the differing opinions, Sista Afia’s candid message has once again placed her at the center of trending conversations in Ghana’s entertainment space.

Love Beyond Fame

As one of Ghana’s consistent female hitmakers, Sista Afia continues to use her platform to address real-life issues beyond music. Her latest comment serves as a reminder that behind the glamour and spotlight, celebrities are human too — seeking affection, understanding, and meaningful relationships.

With Valentine’s conversations still dominating timelines, her message couldn’t have come at a more fitting time.

For more trending Ghana entertainment stories, visit GhanaMedia.net.

Shatta Wale Speaks On Viral Russian Video Saga As Debate Over Consent And Public Recording Intensifies

Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale (@shattawalegh) has weighed in on the ongoing controversy surrounding the viral videos involving a foreign national and Ghanaian women, shifting the focus to issues of consent and privacy rather than blaming the women involved.

Shatta Wale joins heated online debate over consent and public recording laws in Ghana.

Shatta Wale: “Recording Someone Without Their Consent Is Illegal”

In a post on X (formerly Twitter), Shatta Wale stated: “Recording someone without their consent is illegal — that’s what we need to be focusing on and not our beautiful Ghana girls.”

His comment has sparked widespread reactions online, with many supporting his stance that the core issue should be consent and digital responsibility, not public shaming.

Counter Argument: Public Recording Isn’t Illegal

However, another user, Albert Nat HYDE T™ (@BongoIdeas), offered a contrasting view. He argued that recording people in a public place is generally not illegal, adding that there was no evidence of force or coercion. According to him, the women voluntarily agreed to go with the man after he invited them.

He further stated that being invited somewhere and accepting the invitation does not automatically constitute a crime, drawing comparisons to other activities that are explicitly criminalised under Ghanaian law.

What Does Ghana Law Actually Say?

Under Ghana’s Cybersecurity Act, 2020 (Act 1038), it is an offence to intentionally share intimate images or videos of a person without their consent, particularly where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. Conviction can attract a prison term ranging from one (1) to three (3) years.

While recording in a public space may not automatically be illegal, the legality often depends on context — especially if the content later becomes intimate or is distributed without consent.

Public Debate Grows

The issue has now evolved beyond just the videos, becoming a broader national conversation about consent, digital ethics, privacy rights, and personal accountability. As opinions remain divided, one thing is clear: Ghana’s online space is demanding clearer boundaries when it comes to recording and sharing content.

Authorities have yet to issue a comprehensive public statement, but legal experts continue to caution Ghanaians against forwarding or reposting any intimate material, as doing so could have serious legal consequences.

Anyone Caught Sharing The Russian Man’s Intimate Videos With Ghanaian Girls Can Face A Prison Term Of 1 To 3 Years

The circulation of intimate videos allegedly involving a Russian national and Ghanaian women has triggered nationwide outrage and serious legal warnings. Authorities and legal analysts have cautioned that anyone who downloads, reposts, forwards, or distributes such explicit content without consent could face criminal prosecution under Ghanaian law.

What The Law Says

Under Ghana’s Cybersecurity Act, 2020 (Act 1038), the non-consensual sharing of intimate images or videos is a criminal offence. The law specifically prohibits the intentional distribution of private sexual content without the consent of the person involved, especially where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Outrage over a Russian man’s intimate videos shared online, raising privacy concerns under Ghana’s Cybersecurity Act. 

Individuals found guilty can face a prison term ranging from one (1) to three (3) years, depending on the severity of the offence and the circumstances surrounding the distribution.

Forwarding Is Also An Offence

Legal experts emphasize that you do not need to be the original recorder of the video to be prosecuted. Simply forwarding the content via WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), or any other digital platform can constitute distribution under the law.

Ghanaians are therefore being strongly advised to avoid engaging with, downloading, or sharing the videos in question.

Privacy, Consent & Digital Responsibility

Consent to intimacy does not equal consent to be filmed, and consent to filming does not equal consent to public distribution. Sharing such material not only violates the law but also causes emotional, psychological, and reputational harm to those involved.

As public debate continues, the key message remains clear: Do not share the videos. Aside from moral and ethical concerns, the legal consequences could include a custodial sentence of up to three years.

INTERPOL Permanently Removes OSP’s Red Notice Alert on Ken Ofori-Atta

The International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) has permanently removed the Red Notice alert that was reportedly triggered at the request of Ghana’s Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) against former Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta.

Background to the Red Notice

The development follows months of legal and public attention surrounding the case involving the OSP and the former minister. The Red Notice, which serves as a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition or similar legal action, had generated widespread public discussion.

Sources indicate that INTERPOL conducted its standard review process before deciding to remove the alert from its database.

What the Removal Means

The permanent removal of the Red Notice means that Ken Ofori-Atta is no longer listed on INTERPOL’s wanted persons database under the OSP’s request. This decision effectively ends any international alert tied to that specific notice.

INTERPOL removes Red Notice alert linked to Ken Ofori-Atta.

Legal analysts say such removals typically occur after a compliance review to ensure that the notice aligns with INTERPOL’s constitutional rules and guidelines.

OSP Yet to Issue Detailed Response

As of the time of filing this report, the Office of the Special Prosecutor has not released a comprehensive public statement explaining the circumstances surrounding the removal.

The case continues to attract national attention, with many Ghanaians closely monitoring further developments.

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

“If Your Boyfriend Can’t Give You At Least GH₵5,000 for Valentine, Leave Him” – Social Media User Sparks Debate

A social media user has sparked widespread debate online after advising women to leave their boyfriends if they fail to give them at least GH₵5,000 for Valentine’s Day. The bold statement, reportedly made by a lady on X (formerly Twitter), quickly went viral as screenshots circulated across multiple social media platforms.

Viral Valentine’s Day GH₵5,000 comment sparks online relationship debate in Ghana.

Viral Statement Divides Opinions

According to the trending post, “If your boyfriend can’t give you at least 5000 cedis for Valentine tomorrow, leave him.” The comment immediately triggered mixed reactions, with many questioning whether love should be measured by financial capability.

While some users supported the idea, arguing that Valentine’s Day is a time for grand gestures and financial commitment, others criticized the statement as unrealistic and materialistic.

Ghanaians React Strongly

Several men pushed back against the claim, describing it as financially unreasonable given the current economic situation in Ghana. Others suggested the post was simply sarcasm or an attempt to trend and gain attention online.

On the other hand, some women argued that effort on special occasions matters and that partners should be willing to invest in their relationships.

Social Media and Relationship Pressure

The incident once again highlights how social media continues to shape modern relationship expectations. In recent years, Valentine’s Day celebrations have increasingly been associated with luxury gifts, cash transfers, and public displays of affection.

As the debate continues, many are urging couples to prioritize genuine love, understanding, and communication over financial pressure and online validation.

Watch video;

What do you think — is GH₵5,000 a fair Valentine’s standard or an unrealistic demand?

Ghana Education Service bans Koforidua Sectech, Njuasco & Nsutech from all sporting activities for two years over hooliganism

The Ghana Education Service (GES) has officially banned Koforidua Senior High Technical School (SECTECH), New Juaben Senior High School (NJUASCO), and New Nsutam Senior High Technical School (NSUTECH) from all sporting and co-curricular activities for two years due to confirmed hooliganism during the recent Eastern Regional Super Zonal Sports Competition (Metro TV Online).

Scope of Sanctions

The directive, signed by Eastern Regional Education Director Mrs. Ivy Asantewa Owusu, took effect on 11 February 2026 and prohibits the schools from organizing, participating in, or spectating at all sporting events, quizzes, debates, cadet programmes, and entertainment activities for the next two years. Each school has also been fined GH¢500 (Metro TV Online).

GES bans three Eastern Region schools from sports over hooliganism, reinforcing student discipline and safety.

Reasons for the Ban

GES investigations revealed students from these schools engaged in disturbances, riots, and other forms of hooliganism, violating the GES Code of Conduct on Physical and Psychological Violence and the Eastern Region Schools and Colleges Sports Association (ERSCSA) Code of Discipline (ModernGhana).

Additional Measures

Schools are required to cover costs for any property damage or injuries resulting from these incidents. Authorities are reminded to enforce strict student discipline to prevent further violations (ModernGhana).

GES Commitment

The GES emphasised that such behavior is unacceptable and contradicts the principles of discipline and safety expected within Ghanaian schools. The sanctions aim to serve as a deterrent and reinforce orderly conduct in inter-school activities (Metro TV Online).

Stay updated on education news and school discipline at GhanaMedia.net.

Obituary: Ebo Taylor — Ghanaian Guitarist, Arranger, Singer-Songwriter & Cult Hero

Legendary Ghanaian guitarist, composer, arranger, bandleader, and singer-songwriter Ebo Taylor (born Deroy Taylor; 6 January 1936 – 7 February 2026) has passed away at age 90. Known for pioneering highlife, Afrobeat, jazz, and funk, Taylor became a cult hero internationally later in life. His death was confirmed by family and the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA), with tributes pouring in globally.

Early Life and Musical Journey

Born in Cape Coast, Taylor began on piano before switching to guitar. He gained recognition with bands like the Stargazers and Broadway Dance Band, helping shape post-independence Ghanaian music. A period in London exposed him to jazz and funk, and collaborations with Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti influenced his innovative fusion style.

Ebo Taylor, Ghanaian music legend and highlife pioneer, remembered for global influence and enduring legacy.

International Recognition

Despite decades of acclaim in Ghana, Taylor achieved global fame late in life. His 2010 album Love & Death introduced his sound worldwide, followed by Appia Kwa Bridge (2012) and Yen Ara (2018), solidifying his cult hero status. Artists such as Usher, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Rowland, and Jidenna have sampled his music, extending his influence across genres.

Legacy

Taylor’s final works included Ebo Taylor JID022 (2025) with the Jazz Is Dead collective. His career exemplified cross-cultural fusion, musical mastery, and enduring influence. He is survived by his extended family and a vast catalogue that continues to inspire. Ebo Taylor’s music bridged continents, genres, and generations, leaving a lasting mark on Ghana and the world.

Follow more on Ghana’s cultural and music news at GhanaMedia.net.

Popcaan’s Ghana Getaway: From Shea Butter Museum to “Kuriya Kuriya Injenje” Mania

Popular Jamaican artist Popcaan (@popcaanmusic) has been turning heads during his vacation in Ghana, taking time to explore the cultural gems of West Africa. Recently, he made a memorable stop at the much‑talked‑about Shea Butter Museum in Tamale, celebrating Ghana’s rich artisanal traditions and the global legacy of shea butter production.

Celebrating Ghana’s Cultural Heritage at the Shea Butter Museum

Popcaan’s visit to the Shea Butter Museum brought international attention to Ghana’s role as a leader in shea butter craftsmanship. The museum has become a cultural hotspot, highlighting the history, production processes, and economic significance of shea butter—not just as a beauty staple, but as an emblem of Ghanaian heritage. His stop there underscores the growing trend of global artists immersing themselves in authentic Ghanaian experiences.

Popcaan at Ghana’s Shea Butter Museum celebrating culture and trending “Kuriya Kuriya Injenje.”

“Kuriya Kuriya Injenje” Takes Over the Vibes

While in Ghana, Popcaan has been vibing to local sounds, with one phrase capturing the moment: “Kuriya Kuriya Injenje.” This catchy expression is quickly taking over social feeds, blending Jamaican dancehall energy with Ghanaian rhythm culture—showing how music and language bridge communities across continents. Fans are already sharing clips of Popcaan dancing to the tune, creating a transatlantic cultural moment.

What This Means for Ghana’s Creative Scene

Popcaan’s presence in Ghana reflects a broader wave of international interest in Ghana’s creative and cultural sectors. From entertainment news on GhanaMedia.net to global music charts, Ghana continues to shine as a destination where music, heritage, and tourism intersect. As “Kuriya Kuriya Injenje” spreads, it’s clear that Popcaan’s Ghana memories will resonate long after his trip ends.

Follow more on Popcaan’s journey and Ghana’s cultural highlights at GhanaMedia.net.

Popular Ghanaian Pastor Prince Elisha Osei Kofi Passes Away

Reports have emerged that well‑known Ghanaian pastor Prince Elisha Osei Kofi has sadly passed away. According to statements shared by Bismark Nana Boateng, the respected man of God died as a result of a heart attack, leaving many in shock and mourning across the country.

Beloved Ghanaian pastor Prince Elisha Osei Kofi has passed away from a heart attack; tributes pour in as the nation mourns.

Pastor Prince Elisha Osei Kofi was widely admired for his ministry work, spiritual leadership, and commitment to uplifting communities through powerful preaching and compassionate outreach. His sudden death has created an outpouring of grief from congregants, fellow pastors, and Ghanaians who were touched by his message of faith and hope.

As tributes continue to pour in from social media, religious leaders and members of the public have expressed deep sadness and shared prayers for his family, friends, and followers during this difficult time. The circumstances surrounding his passing serve as a reminder of how fragile life can be, even for those who dedicate their lives to serving others.

May the soul of Pastor Prince Elisha Osei Kofi rest in peace and may God grant strength and comfort to all who are grieving this tremendous loss.

Exit mobile version